The Transcendentalism EP – released as a highly limited white-label 12” and as digital download – accompanies the triple-headline Transcendentalists European tour as a showcase and celebration of FatCat’s 'post-classical' imprint 130701 Records. Featuring brand new, exclusive works from all three artists, backed with specially-selected live recordings of special versions and new arrangements of existing pieces, Transcendentalism represents a musical snapshot of Dustin O’Halloran, Hauschka and Jóhann Jóhannsson as the tour approaches: Hauschka performs with touring partner Samuli Kosminen (aka múm’s masterful, Finnish-Icelandic percussionist), O’Halloran and Jóhannsson both realign previously-recorded material to string quartet arrangements in keeping with their respective live sets for the tour.
- Dustin O'Halloran - An Ending, a Beginning
- Hauschka, Samuli Kosminen - Spark
- Jóhann Jóhannsson - Gl
- Dustin O'Halloran, Acme String Quartet - Opus 28
- Hauschka, Kai Angermann - The Great Escape
- Jóhann Jóhannsson - The Cause Is the Labour of the World